Thursday, April 12, 2012

Okay... Is this thing on? An Academic in the making

Hello, nobody. I know nobody is out there right now, but that's okay. I'm going to try to get into this thing for real and actually make posts every few days.

"Why would you do that?" you might ask.

Because at the beginning of this Fall semester I will be a real academic. I am going to begin my PhD program in Literary Studies at an R1 university. So I will be chronicling this transition.

At the moment, I am still an undergraduate, technically. I graduated with BAs in Writing and a degree in Literature at the end of last Fall. I will be graduating again with a BA in Spanish at the end of this semester. After this summer, I'll be taking up the first year of my appointment in my fellowship and getting a start on what I hope to be a great career.

Also happening this Fall? I'm getting married. I've got a lot going on. Hopefully someday there will be somebody reading this, too. With or without you, phantom reader, I'll still be here.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment